|Job Title: ||CST Director Transformational Learning|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Transformation, Design & Configuration the Transformational Learning Director is responsible to develop and establish the transformational learning strategy and plan and lead the implementation of a collaborative learning approach within the vision for the CST project across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Providence Health Care (PHC), and Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and with affiliated academic and research institutions.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Adult Education or a related profession, plus clinical experience and registration with an applicable provincial association.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related leadership experience in successfully implementing education approaches to foster changes in clinical practice across multiple areas of an organization or multiple organizations.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Expert knowledge in education approaches and theory and utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving to translate approaches into implementation strategies that generate positive outcomes to patients and clients.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating an educational strategy to support a major technology change in health care preferred.
- Proven ability to gain followership in complex change initiatives across multiple organizations within health care.
- Clearly exhibits a passion and interest in the role of technology in enhancing patient care and the role of education in supporting staff transition.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of Lean, process improvement, project management principles and methodologies as well as change management practices and trends.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups; provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
- Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes.
- Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Possesses excellent facilitation skills.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, supervision and management of teams, fostering a respectful, motivating and supportive environment. Possesses strong facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.