|Job Title: ||Administrative Assistant 1 - VGH|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital - Acute Administration|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Office Lead, the Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative assistance and secretarial support to the designated Director and programs/services throughout the applicable Vancouver Acute Services department of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
In this fast paced and rewarding role, the Administrative Assistant:
- Triages information of a sensitive and confidential nature and coordinates the flow of information, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services;
- Keeps the Office Lead and related Director(s) apprised of issues and activities;
- Interacts primarily with director/managers and their administrative support staff throughout the Vancouver Community of Care (CoC) and across VCH to professionally represent the Director’s interests, share information, clarify details and answer questions; and,
- Works independently and communicates with internal and external stakeholders/customers in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE :
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years of senior administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the Director’s interests.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.