|Job Title: ||Clinical Informatics Specialist - Perioperative|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - 2 year term|
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Informatics, the Specialist leads and promotes the integration of computer and communications technologies and clinical change initiatives that automate and/or enhance evidence-based clinical practices, access to patient/client information and clinical documentation via the Electronic Health Record (EHR) in collaboration with clinical leaders, service and program managers and directors, physicians and staff.
As an integral regional and/or Community of Care (COC) based member of a multi-disciplinary leadership team, the Clinical Informatics Specialist works to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and sustainability of clinical initiatives that assist in the successful transitioning to a fully integrated EHR throughout VCH programs and services.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related health discipline such as Nursing, Allied Health or patient care/clinical related specialty and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a health care environment, including extensive experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership.
- Experience implementing/supporting integrated clinical system environments an asset.
- Current full practicing registration with the applicable provincial College or Association is required.
- Recent related working experience in area/field of perioperative care is required
Role Specific Expertise:
- Maintains clinical competency, practice standards of care, and knowledge; and supports the integration of evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Demonstrated experience in policy and procedure development and/or clinical documentation standards, business process analysis and reengineering techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices, methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice in effective problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical, operational and vendor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates change management orientation in their work and possesses an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, facilitate and lead others.
- Demonstrates strong research and evaluation skills.
- Advanced computer skills with current multiple applications relevant to the role.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
VCH Management Competencies:
You question actions inconsistent with our values
You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
You hire great people and expect great things from them
You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
You create an environment where people can flourish and grow
You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate
You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability
You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing
- This is a 2 year term position
- Recent related working experience in area/field of perioperative care is required.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.