|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist (PT) 2 - Continuing Health Services|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Continuing Hlth Services|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time - (0.80 FTE) - until October 30, 2020 or until return of incumbent |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$35.05 - $43.73 per hour|
Days: Monday to Friday
Times: 8:00 am - 16:00 pm
As a Physiotherapst 2, you will work without general supervision and provide physical therapy services to clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes and participate as a member of an integrated collaborative health care team.
- Assessing client’s physical status, functional abilities, needs and goals;
- Establishing a physical therapy diagnosis and prognosis and developing and implementing an intervention strategy;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention and communicating with the client/caregiver(s) and other health care providers;
- Contributing to the organization and delivery of physical therapy services, and participating in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education; and,
- Utilizing relevant software application such as PARIS, Microsoft Word and Access.
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Richmond Health Services and Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in Physical Therapy or Rehabilitation Sciences and two to three years recent related experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid B.C. driver’s license in good standing. Local area requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage is paid.
- An ability to speak a second language may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice including the application of standardized tests/tools and measures.
- Working knowledge of the determinants of health and health promotion principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, evaluate and modify rehabilitation services
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe and/or recommend a variety of self-aids and rehabilitation equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct relevant assessments per established standards of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/deliver/evaluate health education for individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients, caregivers/families and community partners.
- Ability to provide effective service in a variety of community settings and with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge in relevant software applications.
- Working knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.