|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist (PT) 2 - Home Health & Diabetes - Squamish|
|Work Site: ||Squamish Hospital|
|Status: ||Casual (0 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$34.36 - $42.87 per hour|
|Hours: ||Days / Times : Various|
Within the context of a client and family-centred care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health, North Shore/Coast Garibaldi Service Delivery area, this position works without general supervision and provides physical therapy services to clients in the community to achieve quality client focused care.
- Identifying and assessing a client’s performance issues utilizing an evidence-based approach, planning and implementing goal directed services;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the service and preparing and maintaining records; and,
- Contributing to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services; and,
- Participating in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy plus two years’ recent related experience and or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for physical therapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
This posting is posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply a