|Job Title: ||Trauma Coordinator (Trauma Services)|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - North Shore|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time - Baseline-With End Date (0.75 FTE) - Until approximately November 2019 or Return of Incumbent|
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible|
|Salary: ||$39.91 - $48.92 per hour|
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics for registered nurses outlined by the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the organization. Acts in collaboration and consultation with the Trauma Program Manager, Trauma Medical Manager and relevant stakeholders while participating and assisting with the work processes involved for Trauma Association of Canada Accreditation certification for Trauma Services across Vancouver Coastal Health. Collaborates with the Trauma Program Manager and various teams across the trauma continuum throughout VCH using the standards set by the Trauma Program and in accordance with the Trauma Association of Canada Accreditation Standards to assess, audit, monitor, evaluate, teach, develop clinical processes and protocols and conduct other related project work. Utilizes both nursing knowledge and expertise and strong facilitation skills to support the successful development of a new Trauma Performance Improvement Patient Safety (PIPS) Data Program within Trauma Services.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- A current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification
- Minimum three years’ recent, related nursing experience in a Critical Care or Emergency Trauma environment including two year's experience facilitating change, group process and team building in a leadership role
- One year recent experience in education or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
• Comprehensive knowledge of health care disciplines and their role in trauma care procedures/processes.
• Broad knowledge of clinical practice, policies, procedures and standards related to trauma care.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Quality Assurance and Process Improvement processes.
• Ability to think at a systems level, i.e. aware of the interdependence of organizational systems and stakeholders and considers the whole in the formation of solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with others.
• Demonstrated ability to teach, coach and plan educational sessions for an interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, including demonstrated ability to plan, research, implement, evaluate, manage, organize and prioritize work.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, plan and implement change.
• Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
• Computer literacy with demonstrated word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database skills.
• Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.