|Job Title: ||Business Support Analyst - Functional Business Systems|
|Work Site: ||Finance Offices - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Process Integration & Support and Regional Business System (RBS) Sustainment, you will be responsible for ensuring functional business system issues are resolved effectively and in a timely manner and continually looking for opportunities to maximize usage of the system to ensure on-going business process improvement.
As the primary point of contact for designated business area users across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC), you will work with stakeholders to streamline and standardize processes and implement best practices as well as troubleshoot system problems, test system solutions, establish clear lines of communication and ensure clear visibility of critical functional issues.
The Business Support Analyst:
- Provides expert functional RBS support to ensure that business needs are met and to ensure the application is used to its full potential.
- Champions RBS and builds relationships with stakeholders that enable the sharing of knowledge and information and encourage collaboration on issues.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for further engagement of RBS by ensuring system enhancements are developed, tested, deployed and function according to agreed upon requirements.
- Maintains up to date knowledge regarding new and upcoming system functionality.
- Works closely with key stakeholders in the determination and implementation of best practices including participating in the preparation of business cases, process re-engineering, and improvement initiatives.
- Represents the department at system meetings, establishing and maintaining clear lines of communications between user department and technical IMITS team members.
- Configures system changes and prepares related documentation for changes impacting on system processing, other RBS modules including changes to common data elements across shared modules, non-RBS applications, and any changes requiring use of the Application Designer tools.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to Analysts and/or other team members in all aspects of reporting, auditing and testing. Assigns project priorities to ensure overall timelines are met.
- Develops and maintains training materials and reference documentation related to new systems/processes to ensure knowledge transfer and consistent usage by users. Coordinates and facilitates training sessions, drives train-the-trainer activities, and provides one-on-one guidance.
- Writes queries to customize reports to meet user needs and conducts system audits to ensure data integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline supplemented by related Information Systems courses
- A minimum of five (5) years’ recent related experience within a large organization with an emphasis on business systems and reporting , health care or information management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience with complex ERP systems, project planning and control.
- Experience supporting PeopleSoft’s HCM (Timekeeping, Human Resource, Payroll) module and/or expert knowledge in these areas will be an asset.
- Expert ability to apply knowledge of RBS modules relating to the designated business area (Human Resources, Timekeeping, Payroll) and maintain an understanding of interdependencies with other modules.
- A solid understanding of business functions and processes in order to enhance business processes and create efficiencies through enterprise application systems.
- A strong sense of ownership and a results-oriented attitude to continually improve processes and systems, enhance efficiency and contribute to overall organizational success.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong communication channels with stakeholders.
- Solid technical and troubleshooting abilities in the provision of RBS support.
- Strong initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- A strong ability to keep abreast of technological changes, anticipate opportunities and ensure readiness for future technology changes and enhancements.
- Superior analytical skills for data, documentation and workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Knowledge of project structures; business case development; contract management; documentation of workflows; health care setting and analytical tools.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.