|Job Title: ||Learning Team Lead - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Director, Clinical Informatics the Learning Team Lead is responsible for supporting the health organizations (VCH/PHC/PHSA) vision and philosophy of "Leading, Learning and Partnering for Potential" and through the lens of the Education philosophy, utilizing evidence informed education theory to inform curriculum development and delivery across specialties.
The Learning Team Lead works in partnership with assigned specialty level clinical leaders (Managers, Clinical Educators, Physician Leaders, etc.) and Regional education leads to ensure the overall success of the CST Transformational Learning program implementation and sustainability within the assigned specialty areas across the three health organizations (VCH/PHC/PHSA). The Team Lead is responsible for providing leadership and consultation and for ensuring the implementation of a competency based framework and evaluation strategy across specialties to ensure CST Training results in end users proficiency and ultimately adoption of the CIS.
The CST Learning Team Lead administers, promotes and oversees the ongoing development of Clinical Instructors to promote skill development, ongoing Cerner related knowledge development relevant to the assigned specialty and establishing quality learning environments in collaboration with the site leadership to support the CST related learning needs of clinical staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Education, or other discipline, plus seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a complex health environment, including progressive clinical education, and education program planning and delivery experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) or other applicable provincial College or Association in British Columbia.
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and skill in educational theory, research, technology and related best practices as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to support enhanced educational practices.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong leader, motivator, coach/mentor and as a strong team member.
- Uses superior group facilitation, team building, negotiating, conflict resolution skills and an interactive teaching style to engage learners with a variety of different learning styles and facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Fosters creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving learning and development and in the development of teaching and learning strategies.
- Applies superior written communication abilities and proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative high quality, interactive learning materials.
- Advanced computer literacy including the flexibility to work with various work related software programs including Microsoft Office (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc), Outlook, Internet, etc. Familiarity and comfort using social media for educational purposes.
- Superior process design and project management abilities applied in the design and development of learning and development initiatives.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.