|Job Title: ||Nurse Practitioner|
|Work Site: ||Youth Mental Health & Addiction|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Baseline (0.6 FTE)|
Responsible and accountable for the comprehensive assessment of patients and clients including diagnosing diseases, disorders and conditions. Initiates treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribes medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions, and employer policies and procedures. Provides professional guidance to other health professionals and participates autonomously as a member of the interdisciplinary health teams.
Collaborates with clients and other health professionals to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for clients, families and communities; develops and implements population and evidence-based strategies to improve health and participate in policy-making and quality improvement activities that influence health services and practices. Participates in peer, program and self-review to evaluate the outcome of the services at the client, community and population level. Is responsible for own professional development and maintaining competence in the position, and maintaining privileges as active medical staff as required. Reports to an Operational Director, Professional Practice and has key accountabilities for quality assurance and patient safety within the Regional Department of Nurse Practitioners.
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- 4 years of recent, and relevant clinical nursing experience.
- Successful completion of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) required.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Ability to perform the full scope of NP duties and responsibilities.
• Applies for and maintains core and non-core privileges, as required by the program, as active medical staff within the VCH Regional Department of Nurse Practitioners and cross-appointments as described in the VCH Medical Staff Rules and Medical Bylaws.
• Ability to apply knowledge of developmental stages, behavioral sciences, pathophysiology, psychopathology, epidemiology, and evidence-based practice to clinical diagnosis and patient management.
• Ability to apply knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to prescribing and evaluating treatment responses.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self care and prognosis.
• Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer clients and patients to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
• Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices; ability to introduce education and evidence-based research.
• Ability to assess and recognize population health trends; ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
• Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
• Ability to define the specific areas of practice and client population for whom the position is competent to provide health care services.
• Ability to apply lead leadership skills within a program and team setting.
• Ability to self-direct, interact and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations.
• Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
• Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient care.
• Ability to self-assess performance and assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.