|Job Title: ||Administrative Assistant 1 - Regional Mental Health and Addictions|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital and Diamond Health Centre|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until approximately June 2019|
Reporting to the Director, Mental Health & Substance Abuse, you will provide confidential administrative assistance and secretarial support to the Director and programs/services throughout the Vancouver Coastal Health's Regional Mental Health & Addictions portfolio.
Triaging information of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinating the flow of information, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services and keeping the Director apprised of issues and activities will be the key component of your day to day tasks and you'll do this by working independently and communicates with internal and external stakeholders/customers in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
Interacting primarily with directors/managers and their administrative support staff throughout the portfolio and across VCH, your role is to professionally represent the Director’s interests, share information, clarify details and answer questions.
Key accountabilities include:
- Providing administrative support that respects confidentiality and ensures professionalism
- Triaging correspondence, determining appropriate action to be undertaking and ensuring timely follow up as appropriate
- Coordinating meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials, and preparation of packages/summary documents to assist in decision making and meeting facilitation.
- Maintaining a consistently updated and accurate appointment schedule for the director, and others as required, including determination of urgency and nature of requests, resolution of time conflicts, and notification to all relevant parties
- Producing well-designed and accurate reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets, and memos
- Ensuring appropriate dissemination of information about organizational and/or program/service procedures and processes and the status of issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting in budget development ensuring information is current and accurately compiled, monitoring expenditures and ensuring invoices are authorized to predetermined amounts, and analyzes and reports variances for the program/department.
- Maintaining and processing timekeeping records, vacation entitlements and related records and responding to related queries
- Compiling and collating analytical information/data to assist in trending, comparing and benchmarking activities.
- Provides consistently functioning administrative tools, systems and services in a systematic and organized manner, and maintains readily available stationary and supplies.
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years of senior administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Strong judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Strong ability to liaises in a professional and courteous manner in all internal and external interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the Director’s interests.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborative approach with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.