|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) Renal Hemodialysis|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Vacation Relief - Permanent|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.56 - $44.06 per hour|
|Hours: ||Rotating 0700-1500, 0700-1900, 0900-2100, 1100-2300, 1500-2300,1500-2230 - stats, weekends, on call|
Practices within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of practice for registered nurses, Code of Ethics and the established vision and values of the organization, provides nursing care to clients and teaches clients/families about management and treatment of chronic renal failure both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care givers. Demonstrates expertise and leadership in nursing practice. Maintains and advances clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in nephrology nursing or two years’ recent dialysis experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the etiology, physiology, manifestations and treatment of renal disease.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult physiology.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to treatment of clients with end-stage renal failure.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated skills in techniques pertaining to hemo, nocturnal and peritoneal dialysis.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.