Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is currently looking for an Executive Director, Internal Audit Services.
The Executive Director will lead the internal audit function across four Health Authorities – Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Providence Healthcare (PHC), and Fraser Health Authority (FHA). The Director will be accountable for the overall o Internal Audit Program across FHA, PHC, FNHA and VCH. Working collaboratively, you assist the organizations to accomplish their internal audit objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluation and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and business processes.
Who we are:
As one of British Columbia's six regional health authorities, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. Dedicated to delivering the highest quality services, we are fully committed to supporting healthy lives with the robust resources of 13 hospitals, a number of community health centres, 2,500 physicians, more than 13,500 full time staff, and over $3 billion in funding.
But that's only part our story. VCH is about something bigger; we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" – on everything from new surgical techniques to funding models – when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We are proud to hold best-in-class awards in everything from research, surgical care and infection control, to harm reduction, community care, communications and community engagement. At our core, we are people-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit that runs deep, where opportunity exists for those with a passion to transform health.
• The chance to work with our inspiring and skilled health care teams
• Competitive compensation & benefits package
• Vancouver consistently ranks high as one of the most "liveable" cities
• Supportive leadership & organizational integrity
• A positive, productive, & reputable organizational culture
• Work-life balance
• Professional development
• An organization with advanced clinical technology & state-of-the-art facilities
• One of Canada’s top funded & innovative research institutes
• A “People First” commitment to both staff & clients
Who you are:
• A lifelong learner; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline plus completion a professional accounting designation (CPA)
• A Strong Financial leader; you inspire confidence and brings solid financial leadership skills. Understands public sector financial reporting. Able to assess the impacts of implementing certain financial strategies into the business.
• A strategic thinker; you are a “systems thinker” with the intellectual depth and experience to lead and influence change throughout a complex portfolio. You work hard to ensure the internal audit function is strategic, results oriented, and ultimately adds value.
• A relationship builder; you are able to foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders to share of knowledge, monitor trends, identify of opportunities to influence direction, move initiatives forward, and to obtain buy-in to ensure success.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to see your resume. Apply now!
Questions? Feel free to reach out to one of the members of our team – Ashley Dawson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.