|Job Title:||Respiratory Therapist|
|Work Site:||Home Oxygen Program, VCH Community|
|Start Date:||DEC 03, 2018|
|Salary:||$28.54 - $35.62 per hour|
Under the direction of the Coordinator, and working within the context of a client centered care approach and the vision/values of the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for the assessment of clients and their oxygen systems in their homes or in clinics. The incumbent makes clinical recommendations to the medical director, obtains and provides a variety of diagnostic data, administers respiratory therapy, develops and charts care plans, and communicates and coordinates with other professionals in specific client therapies and needs.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program. Successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care Credentialing Exam.
• One years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Home care experience is an asset
• Eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
• Valid B.C. Driver’s License. Local area travel requires use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of current respiratory theory and practice within a client centred model for care.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven ability to work independently and to develop/maintain collaborative working relationships within a multi-disciplinary service delivery model.
• Proven ability to adapt to the changing health system and understanding of the broad determinants of health.
• Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
• Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
• Skill in the use of respiratory and other equipment and techniques appropriate to the area of specialty
• Computer literacy in the use of common computer applications.
•Ability to physically perform the duties of the position.
•Second language requirement will be duly noted on job posting, if required.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.