|Job Title:||HIV/AIDS Outreach Worker - HIV Program|
|Work Site:||STOP HIV-AIDS Initiatives - Three Bridges|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$22.77 - $24.68 per hour|
|Hours:||0900-1630 Casual status, Monday to Friday|
Within the context of a client and family-centred model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the HIV/AIDS Outreach Worker works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide support services to designated/marginalized HIV positive individuals and their families with accessing HIV services. Monitors clients by methods such as observing client’s health condition and environment. Arranges, plans, escorts and accompanies as necessary, designated/marginalized individuals on appointments, errands and other activities. Creates linkages to other community resources and programs. Assists clients in accessing benefits or assistance as appropriate and provides brief assessment and planning on issues related to HIV. Liaises and works with community resources and healthcare providers. Provides basic health-promoting information and promotes development of life-skills to clients. Performs a variety of general clerical duties, attends meetings and participates in patient care planning and coordination.
Education & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work with marginalized and culturally diverse populations including those with chemical dependency and mental illness and HIV positive.
• Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
• A working knowledge and familiarity with health and social service programs in the Downtown Eastside and lower mainland.
• Working knowledge of harm reduction principles
• Crisis prevention/intervention and conflict resolution/de-escalation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment as well as capacity to work in partnership with other community agencies.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques and First-aid.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.