|Job Title:||Dental Assistant II|
|Work Site:||Robert & Lily Lee Family - VCH Community Dental Program|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time, to approx JUN 2019|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$21.27 - $23.26 per hour|
|Hours:||0830-1640 or 1040-1850 and/or some Wednesday evenings and Sat day shifts - w/60-minute unpaid meal break|
Reporting to the Supervising Clinical Dentist and Coordinator, Dental Hygiene, the Dental Assistant II provides preventive dental health information/education to the public, preventive clinical services and a variety of administrative/clerical and other related duties to the Dental Program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the current techniques and standards of preventive and restorative clinical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively to large groups on dental care topics.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies/community, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Data entry/word processing skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and to operate standard office and dental equipment.
- Some knowledge of office methods and procedures.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.