|Job Title: ||Project Manager II - Vancouver Acute, CST Implementation Team|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Executive Director and Project Steering Committee, the Project Manager leads and directs all aspects of assigned projects for designated programs/services within the Vancouver Community of Care (CoC) and/or throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
In this complex, challenging and rewarding role, the Project Manager:
- Leads, facilitates, and/or coordinates the work of project(s) to design and implement a desired future state that incorporates best practices to streamline current processes, remove identified inefficiencies and bottlenecks, and maintain a high level of support for patient safety, quality of care, and a healthy work place for staff;
- Leads and coordinates project activities including financial responsibility for the project and management of resources as deemed necessary and ensures that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan;
- Works with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive;
- Establishes project team and provides leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff;
- Communicates with all levels of staff and management within the CoC and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information; and
- Liaises with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
Projects you are involved in may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes and your findings and recommendations have a direct financial and staff resources impact.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related experience that includes Lean, group facilitation, hospital budgeting, managing large-scale projects, and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.