|Job Title: ||Analyst/Administrative Assistant - Vancouver Acute Administration|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Executive Director, Vancouver Acute, Clinical Systems Transformation, the Analyst/Administrative Assistant, provides analytical support to the content area team for purposes such as data analysis, statistical reporting, benchmarking activities, developing and generating queries, preparing and compiling reports and technical documents utilizing various software and tools.
In addition, the Analyst/Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial assistance and research support to the Executive Director, which includes:
- Maintaining the Executive Director and management team’s appointment calendars, coordinating meetings, processing and prioritizing information, screening, triaging and acting upon requests and inquiries, including confidential and sensitive information;
- Working independently and interfacing with other Directors, Managers and staff at all levels of the organization;
- Effectively partnering with other VCH departments such as the Decision Support team and liaising on behalf of the department with external agencies to coordinate the flow of information, keeping the Executive Director apprised of relevant issues and activities.
- Diploma in a related program plus three to four (3-4) years' recent, related experience in a complex health care environment with progressively more responsible secretarial and administrative positions supporting senior level management, experience in information analysis and benchmarking, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet, database, graphics and word processing programs is required, e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents, reports and presentations, and to maintain databases.
- Applies acquired skills and knowledge to efficiently and independently resolve administrative issues/problems.
- Effectively utilizes both verbal and written communication skills when providing advice or information or seeking/acquiring information.
- Optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success by applying excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities.
- Practices diligence and care when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.