|Job Title: ||Human Resources Advisor|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Baseline-With End Date (1.00 FTE)|
Key Outcome: To promote enhanced staff productivity and employee relations.
Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
The Human Resources Advisor will provide advice, support and education to clients in the areas of:
- Staff Productivity Initiatives (Attendance and Wellness Program, Vacation Smoothing, Duty to Accommodate)
- Change Initiatives (Section 54 labour adjustments, displacements, restructuring)
- Utilizing targeted communication strategies for unions, employees and other stakeholders to provide information, gain acceptance and support change initiatives. Establishing, initiating and evaluating change initiative plans through collaboration with managers and other stakeholders.
- Develops organizational/people development strategies that promote department/program redesign, facilitate customer service understanding and acceptance of change.
- Ensures consistent application of processes and procedures related to displacements, and transfers.
- Coaches managers in the use of performance evaluation systems, continuous communication, respectful communication, and the development of performance plans and ensures consistent application of processes and procedures related to human rights complaints.
- Labour Relations (union/management grievance administration, essential services, labour relations code, collective agreement interpretation, internal posting selections).
- Education and training to managers, supervisors and staff related to performance management, Human Rights, collective agreement administration, respect and conflict resolution.
Education and Experience
- University degree in a related field and/or a Human Resources certificate from a recognized post secondary institution.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent related experience in a unionized environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Membership with the Human Resources Management Association of British Columbia (HRMA) and CPHR designations are assets.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of the labour code, collective agreements and human rights code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong computer literacy in Excel, Power Point, Word.
- An analytical and and creative solution-focused approach to work that leverages collaboration and "horizontal thinking".
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills with a high amount of emotional intelligence.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.