|Job Title: ||Manager, At Home Supports|
|Work Site: ||520 West 6th|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
Reporting to the Director, At Home Supports and CH5, the Manager is responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient at At Home Support services for Adult/Older Adult clients in Vancouver.
In this role, the Manager:
- Provides leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of the at home support program and activities related to the utilization, risk management and quality utilization of the service;
- Plays a critical role in addressing the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families at home and to promote smooth transitions from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services;
- Leads an interdisciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key contracted providers, internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE:
- Masters Degree in a relevant health discipline plus (5) to (7) year’s recent, related progressive leadership experience that includes experience in a position responsible for the provision of at home support services or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association as applicable.
- Valid BC Driver’s License as local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle where mileage will be reimbursed.
Refer to the VCH enabling competencies for Manager/Supervisor positions.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental policies, provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to at home supports.
- Understands contract management and application in the clinical settings.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for service and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding of all relevant legislation, regulations, including but not limited to Adult Guardianship Act & Regulations, Continuing Care Act, Health Professions Act, WorkSafe BC, etc.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Utilizes skill and knowledge in the application of appropriate software programs.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.