|Job Title: ||Secretary 3|
|Work Site: ||520 West 6th, VCH Community Casual Pool|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$18.53 - $20.46 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1700 Monday to Friday|
Within the context of a client and family-centered care model and in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Secretary 3 performs a variety of clerical and transcription duties to support the office. Provides transcription services, assists the Administrative Supervisor in the day to day operation of the office, types/formats a variety of technical and non-technical material, attends meetings and relieves for receptionists as required. Performs a variety of clerical duties and maintains and monitors client charts.
- Graduation from a recognized business college or commercial education program
- Two years’ recent related experience, including switchboard/receptionist experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven switchboard/receptionist skills, and accurate word processing skills with a minimum typing speed of 60 net wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to create and work with spreadsheets/databases and create presentation materials, utilizing a variety of software applications, and the ability to adapt to new technology.
- Ability to transcribe dictation using a dictaphone.
- Ability to deal with potentially difficult and volatile situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work with minimal supervision, to take initiative, to organize and prioritize workload and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff, to maintain confidentiality, and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work within a team environment and to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.