|Job Title: ||Regional Leader - Regional Home Support|
|Work Site: ||VCH Corporate Offices|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting jointly to the Regional Program Director and the Regional Program Medical Director, the Regional Leader is responsible for providing system-wide leadership in regional planning for the Home Support program and related projects that will result in the enhanced quality of services, integration of services and clinical practice, improved patient/client satisfaction and cost-effective care for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Providence Health Care and partner organizations.
- Acting as the strategic liaison between key stakeholders across the continuum of care;
- Leading others toward the achievement of provincial and VCH program goals through effectively communicating the organizational vision, coordinating resources, advancing priorities, and promoting collaboration and commitment;
- Supporting work groups and committees and acting as the key point person for achieving integration of findings/recommendations; and,
- Providing supervision, leadership, guidance, and support to designated staff as required.
Primary contacts include Executive Sponsors, Regional Program leadership, Directors/Managers, Medical Staff, work group members, and committee members at all levels across the authority and in other partner organizations (e.g., other Health Authorities, the Ministry of Health and contract/affiliate agencies).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE:
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health Administration or other relevant discipline, plus seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related experience in progressively responsible positions in a large, complex acute care organization including demonstrated ability to manage large-scale project(s), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven skills as an effective manager in an interdisciplinary matrix reporting environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Broad knowledge of clinical theory and practice within a client centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of health care disciplines and their role in their respective health care environments.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and resourcefully.
- Exceptional analytical skills and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communication effectively verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, budget and execute complex project(s) with stringent timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications and to operate a computerized information software system.
- Knowledge of and experience working with LEAN methodologies preferred.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.