|Job Title: ||Administrative Assistant 2 - Facilities Maintenance and Planning|
|Work Site: ||VCH Corporate Offices |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
The Facilities Maintenance and Planning group is responsible for Facilities Maintenance, Operations and Planning, Capital Project Implementation and Real Estate for Vancouver Coastal Health. With accountability for daily operations and long-term stewardship of approximately $1B of physical assets, including major hospitals, residential care and community services owned/operated and contracted facilities, this group is directly responsible for keeping everything up and running in order to deliver the best care possible.
Are you an administrative and multitasking STAR?
- Do Executives wonder how you kept them on schedule all month?
- Do your colleagues wonder how you get all of those things done in one day?
- Do you find a way to get the right information into the right hands all the time?
If your answers to the questions above are YES, then WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Reporting to the Executive Director, Facilities Maintenance and Planning, you will provide confidential administrative and secretarial support and coordinate the flow of information, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services while keeping the Executive Director apprised of issues and activities.
In support of the Executive Director, you will:
- maintain an updated and accurate schedule for the ED (no easy feat), which includes determining the urgency and nature of requests, addressing time conflicts, and notifying all relevant parties;
- coordinate meetings and ensure well-defined and timely agendas, inclusion of required parties, compilation of background information/materials and preparation of packages/summary documents;
- produce well-designed and accurate reports, minutes, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets, and memos; and,
- provide administrative support that respects confidentiality and ensures that matters are coordinated, organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
You'll interact with senior leaders, managers/directors and key staff throughout VCH and with external bodies to convey information and professionally represent the interests of the Executive Director utilizing strong persuasion and communication abilities and the exchange of information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE :
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three to five (3-5) years progressive experience supporting senior level management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Experience working in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment would be a definite asset
- Experience/Exposure to the Healthcare, Engineering, Architectural, Facilities or Municipal sectors would be an asset (but not required)
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with senior leaders, managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) and uses strong persuasion abilities to represent needs of the senior leader.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers and/or provides direction and guidance to clerical staff to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness. Ensures gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.