|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 2|
|Work Site: ||Whistler Health Unit, and Pemberton|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Vacation Relief (0.6 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.77 - $42.13 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830 - 1630 - work days will be between Monday to Friday|
Provides community-based occupational therapy, consulting and resource services to the Continuing Care staff; provides occupational therapy to referred clients, educates staff, caregivers and the community on rehabilitation interventions.
- Degree in occupational therapy or rehabilitation medicine.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT).
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area.
- Broad knowledge of occupational therapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for occupational therapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.