|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation|
|Work Site: ||G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre, Vancouver|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.74 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.56 - $44.06 per hour|
|Hours: ||0700-1500, 2300-0700|
Using a best practices approach, provides nursing care to assigned patients/clients working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient/client care for the designated rehabilitation patient/client group. Participates in discharge planning, functions as a patient/client advocate and teaches patients/clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the patient/client/family. Documents care provided and responds to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Consults, confers and collaborates with other health care providers. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Practices in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards (professional & practice) and code of ethics. Practices within the scope of practice as set by the organization, as per VCH policies and guidelines/clinical practice documents and within own competence. This practice is aligned with the vision, mission, goals and values of the organization as well as with the concept of a client and family centred care model.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- One (1) year of medical/surgical experience in the care and treatment of patients with conditions such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, burns or other related injuries.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - rehabilitation patients/clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related area of practice (e.g. disabling injuries or disabilities as a result of traumatic or non-traumatic orthopedic/ortho or neurological injuries.
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments and interventions related to common diagnosis and specific clinical situations relevant to designated patient/client group (e.g. wound care, respiratory depression/failure, sepsis; deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolus, UTIs, autonomic dysreflexia; cardiac/respiratory arrest)
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments, integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics, and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with assistive devices and technology such as mobility aids including manual and power chairs, ceiling and floor based lifts, specialty beds and mattresses, Alaris pumps, Oxygen delivery equipment, catheters, trachs, feeding tubes and suctions.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute or chronic pain/discomfort; analgesics; addictions/withdrawal issues; and cognition, comprehension, and sensory deficits. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of complex wound/ostomy care, catheterization, gastrointestinal tubes/drains, and pharmacological agents.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client group including IV, infection control, isolation protocols, etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.