|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse - Post Anesthesia Care Unit |
|Work Site: ||Squamish Hospital|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.56 - $44.06 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model, and in accordance with the BC College of Nursing Professionals standards of professional practice, Code of Ethics and the established mission, vision, values, objectives and policies of Vancouver Coastal Health, provides nursing care to high risk critically ill clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery, both by working independently and as a member of a interdisciplinary team. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care givers. Demonstrates expertise and leadership in nursing practice. Maintains and advances clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals.
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years' recent, related critical care experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNP's standards for nursing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of anaesthetic and other drugs used in critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing accurately, concisely, and clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Skill in techniques appropriate to a critical care environment.
- Skill in the use of critical care monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.