|Job Title: ||Project Manager I|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until October 2020|
As a Project Manager, you'll report to the Director, Strategy Deployment and Clinical Optimization and will lead and coordinate
all aspects of assigned projects for designated programs/services within the Richmond Community of Care (CoC) and/or
throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
As part of your role, you will be:
- Working with stakeholders at all levels and inspiring others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective
communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive;
- Providing (as needed) leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff; and
- Liaising with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
Projects you will undertake may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the
provision of strategic information to support those processes and the findings and recommendations will have a direct financial and staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional professional associations.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Ability to effectively monitor budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- A broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- A thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 2020.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.