|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist (PT) 2 - Home Health & Diabetes|
|Work Site: ||Squamish Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time - Baseline-Indefinite (0.48 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.77 - $42.13 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family-centred care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health, North Shore/Coast Garibaldi Service Delivery area, this position works without general supervision and provides physical therapy services to clients in the community to achieve quality client focused care.
- Identifying and assessing a client’s performance issues utilizing an evidence-based approach, planning and implementing goal directed services;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the service and preparing and maintaining records; and,
- Contributing to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services; and,
- Participating in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy plus two years’ recent related experience and or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy standardized tests and measures.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for physical therapy treatment.
- Basic computer literacy.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
This posting is posted internally and externally concurrently. External applicants will be considered after internals.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***