|Job Title: ||Program Supervisor (RN or RPN)|
|Work Site: ||Whistler Health Unit (includes travel to Pemberton and Squamish)|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$42.50 - $51.24 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830 - 1630 Monday to Friday|
Administrates/oversees and provides supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work and resident transfer practices, workload and staffing issues. Conducts Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor. Recruits, hires, selects, mentors and retains staff.
Oversees all aspects of care delivery and daily activities of designated programs/areas. Liaises with key stakeholders on the achievement of quality indicators and program goals and objectives. Ensures a high standard of care while promoting interdisciplinary practice and ensuring a safe environment for staff and residents. Quality patient/client care is supported through a patient/client/family centered care model in accordance with established standards of professional practice and the vision and values of the organization.
Practices within the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses (CRPNBC).
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses (CRPNBC) is required.
Baccalaureate in Nursing and/or Bachelors in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues in relevant service area including current trends, best practices and modalities of treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong team leader, motivator, coach/mentor, and team member within a complex multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously communicate effectively and strategically with colleagues, physicians and health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Utilizes strong critical thinking skills when making decisions, resolving issues/conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve, and deal effectively with and guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to model and foster a positive, collaborative, and respectful team working environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and administrative supervision and consultation.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to facilitate team building and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes open and direct communication and leads to a cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Employs advanced expertise in the use of current computer applications to create and maintain a variety of client care information systems (such as PARIS), databases, documents and presentations.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.