|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2|
|Work Site: ||Raven Song Community Health Centre - Primary Care - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time to approx. Oct 18, 2019|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$34.26 - $42.74 per hour|
|Hours: ||08:30 - 16:30 Monday to Friday|
Ravensong serves the midtown area including Olympic Village, Mount Pleasant, Main Street and Riley Park neighbourhoods.
Within the context of a client centered care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and vision and values of the organization, works without general supervision as part of a multidisciplinary community team to provide clinical and consultative social work services to individuals with chronic health issues, mental health issues, poverty, victims of violence. Performs professional social work services such as conducting comprehensive social and psycho-social assessments, preparing comprehensive case histories, providing psycho-education and interventions, establishing, maintaining and enhancing therapeutic relationships, evaluating clients’ response to treatment plan, and coordinating individualized goal-oriented treatment. Develops and enhances community communications/relationships, provides consultation services, engages in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities to achieve excellence in client care.
Education & Experience
- Masters of Social Work from an accredited university two (2) years’ recent related experience working with individuals with mental health issues in a health care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle, mileage reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness issues and care.
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic, counseling skills and clinical practice models..
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate and coach clients and co-workers both one-on-one and in groups
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.