|Job Title: ||Home Care Nurse - HSCL Team (RN) |
|Work Site: ||GF Strong - Health Services for Community Living |
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible |
|Salary: ||$40.60 - $49.77 per hour|
|Hours: ||0800-1600 - casual for Sat, Sun and stats|
Working within the context of a client-centered care approach, the vision/values of the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, and in accordance with CRNBC Standards of Practice, the Home Care Nurse HSCL provides education services and client care coordination including planning, delivering and evaluating the care needs of adults with developmental disability in community settings including group homes, day programs and family care homes. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, with the Ministry of Children and Family Development Team and Contracted Providers, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and experience working with clients with developmental disability
- Preferably a minimum 3 years of recent experience as a community health nurse, including recent experience in an educating role in the community or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of community health Considerable knowledge of developmental disability and geriatric/palliative/mental health nursing practiceConsiderable knowledge of CRNBC Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Considerable knowledge of life-span development, family theory, multicultural health practices, principles of health education/promotion, and determinants of health.
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in client advocacy Demonstrated discharge planning and/or case coordination.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical/mental/psychosocial/functional and environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain a variety of charts, records and reports related to work.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/deliver in-services to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment and on committees with key stakeholders.
- An ability to critically read and utilize current health research.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
- Ability to perform CPR skills and techniques.
- Ability to effectively determine, develop and implement high quality interactive teaching/learning methods
- Ability to develop and implement creative and innovative teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to teach, present, coach and mentor.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.