|Job Title: ||Mental Health & Addictions Case Coordinator Nurse (RPN RN) |
|Work Site: ||Squamish Mental Health|
|Status: ||Casual |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible |
|Salary: ||$33.56 - $44.06 per hour|
Within the context of a psychosocial rehabilitation model and in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC) standards of professional practice, Code of Ethics, and the established vision and values of the organization, works as part of a multidisciplinary mental health and addictions care team to provide treatment and case management services that are both inclusionary and flexible for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders (i.e. addictions) to meet the needs of the client and to provide integration and continuity across the care continuum. Establishes and maintains relationships with, and consults with, clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need. Performs key duties such as, intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, individual counseling, education, and support groups to facilitate and coordinate client access to services.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing.
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals with mental health issues, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC).
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred care model.
- Broad knowledge of CRNBC or CRPNBC standards for nursing/psychiatric nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of counseling skills and group facilitation skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental health assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.