|Job Title: ||Electrician - Industrial|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible|
|Salary: ||$32.52 per hour|
|Hours: ||0700-1500 Monday to Friday|
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or delegate is responsible for the maintenance and where required for the installation, operation and troubleshooting of the Hospital electrical systems and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Electrician at Lions Gate Hospital, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Carrying out preventative maintenance and repairs for electrical equipment and wiring such as high voltage disconnect switches, circuit breakers, transformers, motor control centres, cabling for breaker panels and 3 phase installation work.
- Installing, altering and repairing electric wiring and equipment.
- Operating various testing equipment to locate defects in wiring and other electrical equipment and repairs as necessary.
- Carrying out repairs to electrical equipment such as ultrasonic washers, blanket warmers and traveyor systems.
- Providing assistance to Elevator Mechanic in carrying out repairs and maintenance on all elevating devices and the fire alarm system.
- Providing assistance to other trades personnel in carrying out repairs and troubleshooting equipment.
- Carrying out safety checks on equipment, appliances, motors and controls; ensures compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Maintaining an inventory of necessary parts such as bearings, brushes and fuses that are required to keep equipment operating.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10 English.
- Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Electrician recognized by the Province of BC.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to organize work.- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.