|Job Title: ||Manager - Downtown Community Health Centre - DTES|
|Work Site: ||Downtown Community Health Centre - Downtown East Side|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Community Health Centre Manager is responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient primary health care services both on and off site. These services include a multi-disciplinary primary care clinic, community liaison, community home support, women only services, pharmacy and the Maximally Assisted Therapy (MAT) Program that provides intensive and assertive case management for people living with HIV.
In this role the Manager will:
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Addiction Services regarding alcohol and drug services provided on site;
- Provide leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of services and activities related to utilization and risk management, and quality of the service;
- Play a critical role in addressing the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families;
- Lead an inter-disciplinary team and work as a team player with physicians, colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research.
Primary interactions and communications in this role are with the Medical Director for Inner City Primary Health Care, the Medical Coordinator for DCHC, other CHA and VC Managers and Directors, members of the Addictions and Mental Health teams, physicians within the CHA and community and health authority partners such as municipal government, community organizations, police, and emergency services.
- Master’s degree in a relevant health care profession plus five (5) to seven (7) year’s recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience in a complex health care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, email applications, spreadsheets, and/or database programs.
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental polices, provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to the application of inner city services.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs/services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/services and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Utilizes knowledge of project management principles and techniques in a multi-site health care environment.
This Role Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 109051-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.