|Job Title: ||Analyst/Administrative Assistant - Aboriginal Health Services|
|Work Site: ||Aboriginal Health|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
Reporting to the Executive Director - Aboriginal Health, the Analyst/Administrative Assistant, provides analytical support to the Aboriginal Health team for purposes such as data analysis, statistical reporting, benchmarking activities, developing and generating queries, preparing and compiling reports and technical documents utilizing various software and tools.
In addition to analytical support, the Analyst/Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide confidential administrative and secretarial assistance and research support to the Executive Director - Aboriginal Health and to the Aboriginal Health team;
- Maintain the Executive Director’s and management team’s appointment calendars, coordinate meetings and process and prioritize information;
- Screen, triage and act upon requests and inquiries, including confidential and sensitive information;and,
- Works independently and interfaces with other Executive Directors, Managers and staff at all levels of the organization.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will effectively partner with other VCH departments such as the Decision Support team and liaise on behalf of the department with external agencies to coordinate the flow of information, keeping the Executive Director apprised of relevant issues and activities.
- Diploma in a related program plus three to four (3-4) years' recent, related experience in a complex health care environment with progressively more responsible secretarial and administrative positions supporting senior level management, experience in information analysis and benchmarking, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheet, database, graphics and word processing programs is required (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio)
- Expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents, reports and presentations, and to maintain databases.
- Ability to appy acquired skills and knowledge to efficiently and independently resolve administrative issues/problems.
- Strong ability to effectively utilizes both verbal and written communication skills when providing advice or information or seeking/acquiring information.
- Ability to optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success by applying excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities.
- Apply diligence and care when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 108841-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.