|Job Title: ||Director, Clinical Informatics - Regional Community Services|
|Work Site: ||VCH Corporate Offices - West Broadway|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Executive Director, Clinical Informatics, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), the Director, Clinical Informatics, Community Services is an integral leader responsible for leading a regional Clinical Informatics team supporting community based clinical information systems.
The Director is responsible for building clinical informatics capacity across community sites/services to enhance, implement, and promote adoption and use of related clinical information systems and technology enablers to the full scope determined for each site/role.
In accordance with VCH’s strategic direction and in partnership with IMIT leadership, this role is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a strategy that ensures a seamless transition to a fully-enabled and sustainable digital care environment, such that the intended value of the clinical information system is realized.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Sciences Professional field, Clinical Informatics, or related discipline
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related experience in project management experience in a complex health care setting required;
- A clinical background is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a clinical team; seven to ten years of progressive leadership / management experience, preferably in a community setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in redesigning clinical processes to improve clinical practice, efficiency and patient care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with implementation and/or use of a clinical information system.
- Project management experience, detailed scope identification, progress monitoring & reporting, issue and risk management.
- Facilitation experience, working with interdisciplinary committees to render decisions in a timely fashion.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Demonstrable skills in workforce management, change management, and engagement.
- Resourceful; well organized; systematic analysis; strategic and critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent and random changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Demonstrable skills organizing work and people to meet project scope and objectives.
- Is able to periodically travel
- You question actions inconsistent with our values.
- You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
- You inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
- You create an environment where people can flourish and grow.
- You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate:
- You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability.
- You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 108056-ale.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.