|Job Title: ||Program Manager - Acute and Ambulatory|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Director, Coastal, the Program Manager is accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of the Acute and Ambulatory programs at Lions Gate Hospital.
In this high profile role, you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations management, utilization and risk management, and quality improvement of the the programs/units and will play a critical role in linking your portfolio with community health services to address the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and to ensure a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
In addition to leading an inter-disciplinary team, you'll work as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses as well as seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understanding available resources for program/unit and keeping quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; providing feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitating, collaborating and negotiating for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fostering collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Promoting development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 107984-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Internal competition closes August 16, 2018. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***