|Job Title: ||Administrative Assistant 1 - Vancouver General Hospital|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Director, and in support of the department, you will provide confidential administrative assistance and secretarial support to designated programs/services throughout the Vancouver Community of Care (CoC) or Corporate Department of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
In this high paced and key role you will:
- Triage information of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinate the flow of information, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services, and keep the Director apprised of issues and activities;
- Interact primarily with directors/managers and their administrative support staff throughout the Community of Care/Department and across VCH to professionally represent the Director’s interests, share information, clarify details and answer questions; and,
- Work independently and communicate with internal and external stakeholders/customers in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years of senior administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Strong ability to liaise in a professional and courteous manner with managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Exceptional ability to communicate in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the Director’s interests.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- An approach to tasks that practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 107934-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Internal competition closes August 16, 2018. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***