|Job Title:||Clinical Nurse Specialist - Wound, Ostomy, Continence|
|Work Site:||520 West 6th|
|Status:||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
Reporting operationally to the Director, Professional Practice and with professional accountability to the VCH Vice President Professional Practice, the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Wound, Ostomy, Continence is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the delivery of nursing care and the formulation of organizational policies relevant to such care. The CNS works within the organization’s leadership framework to foster, facilitate and achieve the highest standards of service delivery and leads in the planning, development and implementation of clinical policies and programs designed for improving patient/client care. Provides expert advice and consultation in the areas of nursing, resource planning, program and health system improvement, research and professional development to support quality and utilization initiatives. Continuously evaluates nursing practice and contributes to the ongoing organizational development of practice knowledge by evaluating research and developing frameworks and strategies to facilitate the implementation of best practices. Functions as clinical leader in a particular area of specialty and advances nursing practice in the area of specialty through the use of advanced practice and evidence based research. Works closely with Professional Practice leaders and acts as a liaison between various hospitals and/or community programs to facilitate integration of care across the continuum and reports on professional nursing practice matters. Provides leadership and expert consultation to team members and other health care staff, patients/clients and families/significant others. Works collaboratively with Program Managers, Medical Directors, Clinical Educators, Nurse Clinicians, staff nurses, and others members of the interdisciplinary team to pro-actively move nursing practice forward at the regional, provincial and national levels.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
• Professionally consults to enable the successful sharing of expertise with caregivers, patients/clients, families/significant others, other members of the public, and colleagues.
• Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices and abilities to ensure skills levels are acquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice and care standards.
• Utilizes expert acute clinical evaluation skills to assess needs of the patient/client and their families/significant others.
• Skillfully, and in consultation with academic institutions and professional bodies, identifies/develops discipline specific standards for teaching and education.
• Collaboratively leads in the identification, planning and implementation of ongoing activities to support research initiatives.
• Effectively leads and directs staff by providing a work environment that fosters motivation and respectful relationships, and enables decision-making.
• Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting the use of research findings.
• Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
This Role Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 107799-tbo. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes August 9, 2018. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.