|Job Title: ||Administrative Associate/Business Support - Evergreen House|
|Work Site: ||Evergreen House - North Vancouver|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until October 2019|
Reporting to the Manager, the Administrative/Business Support Associate provides recruitment/hiring, staffing, human resources, administrative and systems support for the designated programs/site and in support of the Manager to assist in the achievement of effective client care.
You'll act as a point of contact and liaise with Employee Engagement and other corporate areas to receive/convey information and represent the interests of the team which will include:
- Providing support to team on hiring, human resources, financial and service related issues, policies and procedures;
- Completing and processing human resources and payroll transactions on behalf of Director;
- Ensuring consistent application of directives from Employee Engagement, Finance or other corporate service areas;
- Triaging sensitive and confidential information
- Conducting research and analytical studies, producing high quality reports, correspondence and presentation materials;
- Managing complex networks of contacts and meeting issues and assisting with project management.
- Providing guidance and work direction to clerical support staff (as needed); and,
- Advising the Director of employee attendance problems.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Graduation from a minimum two-year diploma program in business administration or a related field plus three (3) years of recent, related experience including one year’s related human resources, or finance experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources principles and practices and relevant collective agreements.
- Advanced expertise in the use of current computer applications including advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to create and maintain a variety of databases, documents and reports.
- Considerable judgment, tact, discretion and accuracy in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness and excellent customer service in a team setting.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to communicate in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) and use strong persuasion abilities to represent needs of management team.
- Strong ability to apply and explains policies and procedures and perform detailed analyses of complex reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills when providing direction, guidance and training to new and existing team members, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities, adherence to standards of quality and effective and timely service.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Expertise in the use of desktop computer applications and computer systems to record data, process transactions and complete a variety of documents and presentations.
VCH Management Competencies:
You question actions inconsistent with our values
You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
You hire great people and expect great things from them
You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
You create an environment where people can flourish and grow
You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate
You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability
You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 107470-tbo.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 2019.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***