|Job Title: ||Peer Operations Coordinator - Overdose Emergency Response Centre|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - until March 2019|
The Peer Operations Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and coordination of projects and new initiatives within the Overdose Emergency Response Centre.
In this role, you will:
- develop and implement work plans including identifying resources as required;
- develop business cases, briefing notes and related key documentation;
- collect and analyze data
- formulate and evaluates options; and recommend solutions/courses of action to support the goals of the various programs and the ongoing needs of the major stakeholders.
This position works closely with people who use substances as peer experts and advisors.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a related health discipline, plus a minimum of three (3) years recent related experience.
- Previous experience in program development and implementation or project management required.
- Completion of a Project Management Certificate and knowledge of public health an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with peer inclusion and engagement, harm reduction, and Indigenous cultural safety and cultural humility is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to ability to plan, implement, and problem solve independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to present and prepare concise analyses, reports and recommendations to multidisciplinary audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills and ability to provide support and direction to a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, database applications, email and internet.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
VCH Management Competencies:
You question actions inconsistent with our values
You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
You hire great people and expect great things from them
You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
You create an environment where people can flourish and grow
You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate
You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability
You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 107414-tbo.
- The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 2019.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***