|Job Title: ||Family & Social Support Practitioner (Social Worker)|
|Work Site: ||South Community Health Centre - Home Health - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.19 - $45.13 per hour|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model, and in accordance with standards of professional practice and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health, this position is designated as the expert for regional family and social support systems providing clinical advice and guidance to own discipline, other health care team members and students within specific Community Health Centres and across designated Community Health Services. Applies a population health approach to address health issues in the evolution of an integrated, client centered health service model that supports age based groups and ensures the achievement of excellence in client centred care, education and research. Provides leadership and advice on policy development and provides local and regional leadership in the development, implementation and assessment of procedures, programs and services specific to family support services; may provide social work assessment. Participates in and facilitates interdisciplinary communication and education, coordinates and participates in quality improvement and risk management and promotes and participates in research.
Education & Experience
- Masters of Social Work Degree from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Five years’ of relative community based experience particularly with adults and older adults that includes training and experience counselling individuals, families and groups or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Leadership experience facilitating change and facilitating professional development with staff and conducting research.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Systems Theory.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Systems Theory to practice in social work assessment and intervention.
- Comprehensive knowledge of development stages in the individual and family life cycle and of psychosocial issues that may occur in response to changing health and dependency needs.
- Extensive knowledge of Adult Guardianship legislation, the Mental Health Act and the Patients Property Act and the interaction between the legislative acts and the tools associated with each Act.
- Knowledge of adult education principles and experience in education program development and implementation.
- Knowledge of the mandates and policies of other government ministries such as Home and Community Care, Ministry of Human Resource and Public Guardian and Trustee.
- Broad knowledge of social work theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader, and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients, co-workers and students both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, other health care staff, students, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Documented involvement as a research investigator and/or published researcher.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.