|Job Title: ||Clinician - Family Therapy - |
|Work Site: ||HOpe Center - North Vancouver|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Baseline (0.5 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.01 - $41.16 per hour|
|Hours: ||1100-1900, and alternative Saturdays 0830-1630|
Within the context of a client centered care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, and vision and values of the organization, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary mental health care team to provide comprehensive mental health and psychosocial assessment and treatment services for families of individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders (i.e. substance use).
In this role you will:
- Provide psychodynamic, cognitive and behavioural therapy, couples counselling, group counselling and psychoeducation according to a variety of theoretical models and best practices;
- Establishe and maintains therapeutic relationships based on trust with clients and their families;
- Participate in case conferences/meetings with clients, family, service providers and members of the multidisciplinary team; and,
- Collaborate and provide clinical support to colleagues to meet the needs of the client population serviced and to provide integration and continuity across the care continuum.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Clinical Counseling.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in an outpatient/community setting providing individual and group therapy to clients and families with a variety of mental disorders (including misuse of alcohol and other drugs) or an equivalent combination of post-graduate education, training and experience.
- Registration with Provincial Licensing/governing body of profession if applicable.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental illness and treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Demonstrated knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychoeducation principles and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in family therapy with diverse families (i.e LGBTQ2 families, immigrant/ refugee families)
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma and recovery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of couples therapy principles and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to perform psychosocial assessments and provide treatment planning and care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve, and
- to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
- Fluency in Farsi is an asset.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***