|Job Title: ||Clinical Informatics Specialist - CST Project|
|Work Site: ||CST Project Office - West 8th Avenue|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Clinical Informatics Director, the Clinical Informatics Specialist bridges the gap between clinical care and technology to articulate clinical requirements, leading the business analysis for transitioning from current to future state work design.
We're looking for 4 new team members and there will be different areas of expertise required for these positions, which include:
- Working with the Clinical Informatics Director to develop the clinical content strategy and framework to ensure required configurations of content are in place to enable end user to complete evidence-based/best practice clinical workflows appropriately within the Electronic Health Record (EHR);
- Identifying and linking appropriate health organization clinical stakeholders and subject matter experts as part of the informatics design and sustainment planning, ensuring regulatory requirements and practice guidelines are followed;
- In collaboration with the Service Provider, sharing the vision of ensuring clinical process is the foundation for all phases of the CST project; and,
- Working to enhance integration of health services and care practices through the intentional design of clinical content.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master’s preferred) in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession supplemented with five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in health informatics with previous clinical systems go-live experience in a large health care organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Basic understanding of data, clinical information and how these are operationalized within the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to create knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the provision of evidence-based practice in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience with functional requirement assessment.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of clinical process, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants across the organizations.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to share information, and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to arrive at best overall solution.
- Uses effective leadership, facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercises initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains a strong sense of ownership and a results-oriented attitude to continually improve processes, enhance efficiency and contribute to overall clinical and organizational success.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to travel.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 107120-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***