|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 1 - OASIS|
|Work Site: ||OASIS Program - West Broadway|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Other Relief-With End Date (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||September 2018|
|Salary: ||$32.60 - $40.66 per hour|
About OASIS and the Patient Population
The OsteoArthritis Service Integration System (OASIS) is a program that helps people with osteoarthritis self-manage their condition.
The Nature of your Work
You will provide physiotherapy physiotherapy services within an interdisciplinary team and as a member of the VCH OASIS Program to the chronic Osteoarthritis client population.
- Assessing a client’s overall health status, functional abilities, needs and goals;
- Establishing a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention and communicating with the client/family in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members;
- As required, contributing to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services and participating in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, committees, meetings, approved research projects and education;
- Conducting interdisciplinary client education sessions;
- Utilizing various electronic and computerized systems and tools including but not limited to Electronic Medical Record (EMR), MS Word, MS Excel, Ms Outlook and OASIS SharePoint team site.
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a musculoskeletal area of practice with a chronic osteoarthritis client population supplemented with related experience in health promotion or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy standardized tests and measures, including vocational assessment/educational.
- Demonstrated understanding and skill in applying the principles of chronic disease management/health promotion, community development, and population health including planning collaborative initiatives and providing community and staff education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and build alliances and influence a broad range of stakeholders including community members, physicians, health professionals and interdisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to work independently to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships within a multi-disciplinary and matrix service delivery model.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, mediate, build consensus, and utilize effective conflict resolution techniques and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and operate under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative and professional judgment.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in current computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, SharePoint sites, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and computerized patient care information systems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***