|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 2 - Certified Hand Therapist|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time - Baseline-With End Date (0.44 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.77 - $42.13 per hour|
This position utilizes advanced clinical knowledge and procedures such as specialized wound care and debridement of soft tissue, to provide physiotherapy services to clients with an upper extremity injury.
- Conducting advanced assessments utilizing an evidence-based approach;
- Planning goal directed services;
- Implementing services utilizing advanced intervention approaches/procedures;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the service; and,
- Participating in physiotherapy and interdisciplinary research and contributing to the development, review and promotion of physiotherapy services.
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred and continuum based care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation Sciences and three (3) year’s experience in an acute setting including one year in orthopaedics/hands.
- Successful completion of the American Hand Therapy Certification Examination.
- Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to upper extremity therapy.
- Broad knowledge of bio-mechanical and assistive technology concepts, current trends and practice.
- Broad knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation and education.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic Computer literacy.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***