|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist (PT) 1 - Intensive Rehabilitation Day Program and Neuro-Musculoskeletal Program|
|Work Site: ||G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Centre|
Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE) set up as follows:
- 0.4 FTE with Intensive Rehabilitation Day Program
- 0.6 FTE with Neuro-Musculoskeletal Outpatients Program
|Start Date: ||September 2018|
|Salary: ||$32.60 - $40.66 per hour|
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Time: 8:00 am - 16:00 pm
About GF Strong's Inpatient - Spinal Cord Injury Program
GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre is British Columbia's largest rehabilitation centre. As a freestanding facility with 68 rehabilitation beds, GF Strong provides inpatient and outpatient outreach and clinical support services to clients.
The Patient Population
Intensive Rehabilitation Day Program (IRDP)
- A small multidisciplinary team that sees clients daily for 4-6 weeks
- Supports patients who have had a stroke/traumatic brain injury (TBI) with some incomplete Spinal Cord Injury and poly-trauma
- This program is an alternative to an inpatient rehab program to allow for an early discharge or avoid an inpatient admission.
- Team that provides outpatient care for
- neuro-musculoskeletal concerns (such as Guillain-Barré syndrome or M.S.)
- polyneuropathies; as well as,
- burns and complex neurological conditions.
- The program is goal oriented and time limited.
- This position will be working alongside the student led clinic. Typically these clients are seen twice per week.
The Nature of your Work
You will provide physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by:
- Performing assessments on client’s physical status, functional abilities and needs and goals;
- Establishing a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention, and communicating with the client/family and health care team members;
- The nature of your support/assistance/treatment to your clients could include:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team
- Providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment
- Providing rehabilitation and education and planning for patients.
- Contributing to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services, and participating in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
All Physiotherapists at VCH practice in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***