|Job Title:||Mental Health Clinician - Youth & Young Adult (Early Psychosis Intervention)|
|Work Site:||Sunrise Building|
|Status:||Regular Part Time (0.8 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$33.01 - $41.16 per hour|
|Hours:||0830 - 1630/1200 - 2000|
RECOVERY RESPECT RESILIENCE
VANCOUVER COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES IS COMMITTED TO COLLABORATING WITH CONSUMERS AND FAMILIES TO BUILD ON STRENGTHS, TALENTS AND INTERESTS IN ORDER TO FOSTER A COMMUNITY OF HOPE, GROWTH AND SELF-DETERMINATION.
Working within the context of a client centered care approach and the vision/values of the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, the Early Psychosis Intervention Community Mental Health Worker II Children & Youth provides client care to the seriously behaviourally or emotionally disturbed and mentally ill children and youth population in Vancouver and Richmond communities and who are at risk due to a combination of psychiatric symptoms, complex medical/social factors, or significant caregiver stress. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
Education, Training & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
• Working knowledge of psychiatric theory and practice within a client centered approach to the children and youth population.
• Sound knowledge of crisis intervention and community resources.
• Demonstrated psychiatric assessment, counseling, and case co-ordination skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in the writing of reports, correspondence and other documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload and adapt to a changing workload.
• Sound interpersonal skills
• A willingness to work in a culturally diverse population.
• Ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability to prepare case summaries and clinical records.
• Basic computer literacy.
• Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.