|Job Title: ||Mental Health Clinician - Boundaries Program|
|Work Site: ||Hamber House|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time - Term Specific Position (1.00 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$33.01 - $41.16 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1700 - changing to rotating shifts between 0830-2000 in the near future.|
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, vision and values of the organization, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to perform assessments, coordinate client care, and provide treatment services for children aged 5 to 12 who exhibit sexually inappropriate or harmful behaviour and to help them understand and modify such behaviours.
In this dynamic and complex role, you will:
- Provide consultation to clinicians, schools, and other service providers to assist with identifying, responding, and managing the problematic sexual behaviours.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team and consult with team psychologist and psychiatrists/pediatrician to develop, implement, maintain and adjust individualized treatment plans.
- Perform behavioural interventions, family sessions, parent groups, psychoeducation and individual child counselling according to a variety of theoretical models.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a Behavioural Science from a recognized program.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience working with child and youth in a mental health setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License.
- Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of behavioural, social emotional and mental health/psychiatric problems in children and youth.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness diagnosis and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of the normal growth and development of children.
- Broad knowledge of school, legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children with behavioural, social, emotional and mental health/psychiatric issues.
- Demonstrated ability to perform psychosocial assessments and provide treatment planning and care.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case coordination process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with children and their families, educational personnel, child protection social workers and resource workers, service providers, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to take clinical input and direction from a supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***