|Job Title: ||Health Systems Planning Advisor - Operating Rooms|
|Work Site: ||Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
Reporting to the Director, the Health System Planning Advisor develops, leads, and coordinates projects, feasibility studies and business cases to evaluate current service delivery levels and policies, assesses alternate service delivery models, and conducts analysis on work design, program review, staff redeployment, financial impact, and strategic information to support these processes.
As well as providing leadership in modeling, sustainable improvement, priority setting analysis and health planning, you will be an integral member of the interdisciplinary team that provides decision support for system redesign to senior management.
Key partnerships are with executive and senior level management within your Department, across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), QUIST staff, financial and capital planning staff, and interdisciplinary project team members.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Planning, Business Administration or Behavioural Sciences, supplemented by postgraduate course work in health care planning or health policy development and analysis.
- Five to seven (5 to 7) years’ recent, related experience in senior level planning or program development in healthcare or social services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License & access to a personal vehicle required for local travel.
- Competent decision making that manages and considers the potential impact to health authority service provision, client care, unionized and non-contract staff deployment, and financial implications, as well as considers industry trends, Ministry of Health initiatives, and government directions.
- Demonstrable skills in identifying, collecting and analyzing relevant information, including industry-wide assessments and research, to support the health planning, sustainable improvement, and modeling needs of the organization.
- Expert ability to understand health systems information, health services operations, and external health care environment to appropriately analyze complex information, research, and policy mandates.
- Demonstrable capability to provide expertise and support in the development of organizational goals and objectives, performance indicators, appropriate databases and statistical and analytical tools.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 106199-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
*** VCH Employees must apply via the internal application process using the above noted posting number. Go to internal job postings to apply as an Internal Applicant. VCH employees who apply to this posting will be considered external candidates and seniority will not apply.***