|Job Title: ||Nurse Case Manager (RPN RN)|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Community |
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time till March 2019 |
|Start Date: ||As Soon As Possible|
|Salary: ||$33.56 - $44.06 per hour|
|Hours: ||0830-1630 Monday-Friday with Sat/Sun/Stats off |
Within the context of a client and family/care giver centered care model and in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses’ Association of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses’ Association of British Columbia (CRPNBC) standards of professional practice, Code of Ethics and the established vision and values of the organization, manages a select population of eligible clients who are chronically ill or have long term physical disabilities. Using chronic disease management and self care management approaches, conducts assessments, identifies problems, addresses issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the appropriate physician, interdisciplinary team member and/or community agency. Within a multidisciplinary team context, provides continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with team members, coordinating and implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition. Acts as a clinical resource for the client and their care giver and the multidisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs. Consults, confers, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing and three (3) years’ recent related experience in case management working with geriatric clients/adults with chronic, acute illness and/or acquired brain injuries or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply intensive case management principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply chronic disease management and health promotion principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management practice within a client and family/care giver centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment and chronic disease management.
- Demonstrated competency in psychomotor skills required within the designated scope of nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of College of Registered Nurses of B.C. standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health and community resources related to the care of clients and care givers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a interdisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use research and methodology in practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating groups that include professionals/clients and or clients/family/care giver members.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, coach and facilitate clients and families/care givers individually or in group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families/care givers, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based nursing service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system and email system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.